Friday, August 3, 2018

Turkey Dinner "meat muffins" (mini-meatloaves)







These little "turkey dinner" flavored meat muffins are great for road food, breakfasts, picnics, or freezing for a later quick and easy meal when you're too tired to cook!  We LOVE them...I've taken them to potlucks and they made a big hit there, too.  I plan to try some other variations, with chicken, pork or beef, but so far I can't stop making these!

Ingredients:

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 sweet onion, diced
2 celery sticks, diced
1 large carrot, shredded
1/2 tart apple, diced
1 t. rubbed sage or more, to taste
1/2 t, dried thyme
1/2 t. garlic powder or to taste...I like garlic!
1/2 t. turmeric (optional)
1 t. sea salt, give or take
bacon grease or other oil


Preheat oven to 400 degrees, saute' vegetables in oil, let cool somewhat, mix well with other ingredients. Line a muffin tin with parchment cupcake papers, and bake 25 minutes.

I always saute' one tiny patty of whatever mix I'm making up to see if it's seasoned right--loved this! But of course you can vary to suite yourself...they'd fit the theme with dried cranberries, which aren't on my autoimmune protocol just now.

Yummy! (Joseph agreed...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think--ask questions, share recipes or stories or memories. Sit down and have a cuppa with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...