Saturday, December 29, 2018

AIP Curry Powder

The autoimmune protocol does away with nightshades, especially in the early elimination phase...so no tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, etc., and no seed spices--but there are almost always workarounds and substitutes to satisfy a taste for a bit of heat.

I use this one a lot, and not just for "curries."  It's good!  I can have seed spices with no problem now, so I'll be adding back a bit of cumin, but it really doesn't need it.

*AIP "Curry Powder" Recipe 

Ingredients
 
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. onion powder
1 T. turmeric
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. powdered ginger (or more for a bit more kick)
½ t. ground clove (again, I added a bit more)
 
Real Food & Love blog adds powdered lemongrass, but I was fresh out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think--ask questions, share recipes or stories or memories. Sit down and have a cuppa with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...